Thursday, April 18, 2013

W30- Day 25, Brandon's view


Well folks, we're nearing the end of our Whole30 challenge.  It's been such a reminder of what a huge impact food has on the way I feel. Before taking on the challenge, I was feeling extremely fatigued and always bloated.  I've gained more energy over the course of this challenge, and I've come to enjoy eating the Paleo way.

Looking through this new lens, I've come to see that restaurants are seriously lacking in serving food that measures up to Whole30 (or real food in general), and I've grown tired of salads and simple dressings (oil and vinegar) since that is typically the only thing I can have when I'm at a business lunch.

I could really go for some pizza, mainly for the cheese. I like cheese.... a lot, but I know cheese is going to hurt my stomach. I've come to appreciate the natural sweetness of foods. Sugar has been the least of my struggles on this journey since I'm not a big sugar person, but dairy, dairy has been the thing I've missed most.

I plan on sticking to the Paleo diet except for some small treats now and then. I don't want these thirty days to have been a waste. I really want to lose weight and tone up, so I do not want to return to my old way of chowing down.

I could stand to have a little cheese on my taco wrap or hamburger patty, or chips and salsa at a Mexican restaurant.  My treats would not typically be of the sweet, sugary kind.

I'm ready to start working out and looking forward to losing more weight and being able to keep up with my five kids!






1 comment:

Christy Sunshine said...

Looking great, Brandon! Glad you're feeling well.