Thursday, March 28, 2013

W30- Day four

We are cooking in the kitchen today!


We love working together in the kitchen, so you'll often find us working side by side.  Tonight we were thinking about chicken and dumplings, which, obviously, are not Whole30 approved.  We thought we'd go with that idea though and make a soup that has similar flavors, and chunks of cauliflower instead of biscuity-like dumplings. And, we figured, while we at it, we should make two pots. One for now, one for later.

It's always smart to make extra. Plan on having a day or two or three when you will not feel like cooking and will wish you could just run to Chick-fil-a or Taco Bell.  If you make a little extra every time you cook or bake, you can freeze it or pack it for lunch the next day to avoid extra work.


Brandon:
I've been sleeping really well for the last few nights.  I slept really long, for one thing, which was nice.  I don't know if it's the length or the quality... or both.. but man, that was nice.  When I woke up, I felt like I had a lot more energy and strength. At the job I'm currently working (I'm a superintendent for a commercial construction company), there are three huge, heavy overhead doors that have to be lifted manually every morning. Previously, I was wearing out after the second door, but today I "beast-moded" all three doors like they were tin cans.  Even shocked myself!

Lunch filled me up, and I actually had a lot leftover.  I was completely satisfied 2/3rds of the way through, and Mandy actually didn't include as much meat as she normally does (but to her credit, since I picked on her last time, she made sure I had plenty of her homemade dressing!), so I would have never guessed it would have been so filling. (But she did put in lots of olives this time.)  I thought I would finish it later in the day, but I never did.  Later, I went to James Coney Island and got a water and an unsweet tea.  Avoided the junk.

I didn't feel as groggy as I usually do today. A lot of times, after lunch, I feel like I'm going to fall asleep but I didn't feel that way today!

Think I may be allergic to eggs.  Sometimes when I eat them I feel like I'm having heart palpitations.  So we are going to eliminate them from my meals for a few days and see how that works.

Oh, and I was able to go down a notch in my belt! Yes! My pants were falling down all day. [Gonna have to get that man some 'spenders! -Mandy]

Mandy:
I felt really good when I woke up this morning to make Brandon's breakfast (at 5:30am). I usually go back to bed afterward, and I'm glad I did because today was the day that the sludge hit.  I actually had plenty of energy most of the morning.  I went grocery shopping with all five kids in tow, and was, once again, excited to find that my total was STILL half of what I normally spend a week.  *Fist pump*

I joked with Brandon that our vegetarian/low-meat diet was not only killing him but killing his wallet. Poor guy. I was excited to find a lot of organic chicken on manager's special because the "sale by" date is tomorrow. Loaded up on that stuff!  Anyway, after grocery shopping and lunch, the achy-ness hit me. I'm not sure if it's just the effects of changing my diet or if I need more water.  I think I've been pretty good about staying hydrated, so.. who knows.

I still feel pretty clear-headed, which is good.  Usually my body and my brain are both breaking down at the same time. I also noticed that my face is MUCH clear, so that's awesome! Love having glowing skin!



Happy Almost-Friday, y'all! :)








No comments: