Tuesday, March 26, 2013

W30- Day 1, Brandon


How I felt about going on the W30: 
I've actually been really wanting to get healthier because I've been feeling really lethargic. When I started this current job, I was eating fast food pretty heavily (two meals a day), and I could feel my body being poisoned. I just got to a point where I felt like my body needed a reset. That's why when Mandy came to me and said she wanted to do this diet I was down with it.

Biggest struggle on Day 1:
Not having enough of Mandy's homemade salad dressing for my salad.  My breakfast filled me up and kept me full, as did my lunch.  So it really wasn't a huge struggle today.  I was hungry by supper time (which was running late since we had some things to do in town), but I wasn't losing my mind like I usually am when hungry.

I had cravings for:
I thought about food.  I thought about McDonald's, but it was more like I stopped to pump gas by a McDonald's and thought, "I would sure like a large fry right now. I could probably justify a large fry. It's just potatoes and fat!"  But I decided I would just stick to the diet.

By the end of the day I felt like:
Sleepy.  I felt extremely tired, but I've been really tired for the last couple weeks. I was kind of irritable after supper, but I think that was because I was tired, and I didn't want to get up and deal with anything.  I feel like I am already getting better sleep and having a bit more energy (since I have already been changing my diet before we started Whole30).

On the positive side:
I feel like, since I'm getting such good rest, if I get a few more days of that I might be completely recharged! (It's been a long time since I've gotten good sleep or felt recharged.)




No comments: